The Shorewood Business Improvement District (BID) was established by commercial property owners and the Village of Shorewood in 1999 to promote the neighborhood as a premier destination for retail and service businesses to locate and thrive.
The Shorewood Business Improvement District creates a thriving local & destination hub by branding and communicating both development and promotion to its stakeholders in the private and public sectors.
- promote and leverage dining and entertainment
- develop and solicit high-quality businesses
- focus, promote and enhance the brand image of the business district
- monitor infrastructure
The BID is a strong reference and referral for:
- economic development
- business retention and recruiting
- liaison with Village on behalf of stakeholders
- addressing quality-of-life issues
- communication with businesses and property owners
- business assistance