John McGivern Hosts Premiere of TV Special on ShorewoodShorewood, WI – December 21, 2012
Free Transportation for Shorewood Residents
Shorewood, Wis., Dec. 21, 2012 –Everyone who lives and works in Shorewood is invited to attend a free premiere of the Milwaukee Public Television (MPTV) show "Around the Corner with John McGivern – Shorewood." The premiere takes place on Thursday, January 3, 2013, at Discovery World’s Innovation Theater, 500 N. Harbor Drive – with a first showing at 6:30 p.m. and a second showing at 7:30 p.m.
Seating is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Residents can reserve a place for the 7:30 p.m. showing of the premiere by riding a free bus to the event, courtesy of the Shorewood Business Improvement District and the Village of Shorewood Marketing Committee. The bus will board and leave from the Shorewood High School parking lot promptly at 6:30 p.m. To reserve your ride, please RSVP to Lisa Downey at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, Dec. 28. This guarantees a ticket to the event and a hassle-free roundtrip ride without parking costs. Bus riders will also receive a special treat from Goody Gourmets, one of the Shorewood businesses featured in the show. For those opting to drive to Discovery World, facility parking is available for $8.00. Doors for the two shows open at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., respectively.
“Around The Corner With John McGivern - Shorewood” is the first episode in the show’s second season, which features 13 half-hour episodes focused on communities around Wisconsin. Emmy Award-winning actor and broadcast personality McGivern goes behind the scenes to talk with residents, business owners and other people familiar with the locale to discover how they live, work and play. The 30-minute episodes also feature background information on each community from local historian John Gurda.
At the premiere, John McGivern, local historian John Gurda and Lois Maurer, producer and creator of the show, will take questions from the audience and tell stories about how the show came together.
Shorewood residents, businesses and organizations featured in the episode include:
- • Alliance Francaise de Milwaukee, executive director Anne Laplae, teacher Joanne Aoun Sablich
- • Anaba Tea Room, Manager Doug McDonald, Chef Gregg Des Rosier
- • Benjamin Church House in Estabrook Park
- • Benji’s Deli and Restaurant, owners Mike and Chris Price
- • Chattel Changers, owner David Kascht
- • Friends of Atwater Beach (FAB), member Ann McKaig
- • Goody Gourmets, owner Jackie Chesser
- • Hubbard Park Lodge,owner Russ Davis
- • International Foods, co-owner Irene Valler
- • Private residence of Tina Laprest and Stephen Werner
- • Resident Anne Marie Topel
- • Shorewood entrepreneurs Anne and John Nehring
- • Shorewood High School drama program
- • Shorewood Table Tennis Club, Managers Linda Leaf and Dr. TJ Wang
- • Sophisticated Rose, designe