Integrative Health Services
- 4465 N. Oakland Ave.
- Shorewood, WI 53211
Sometimes there just doesn’t seem to be a solution to a medical problem or a way to find a healthier life style. Just live with it, you’re told. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Today there are alternatives and options to consider and choose from.
When traditional Western medicine fails, many patients come to Dr. Meredith Young looking for solutions to chronic disorders. Dr. Young founded Integrative Health Services in 1997 to guide patients to a healthier lifestyle. She is a certified acupuncturist and naturopathic practitioner whose goal is to help patients discover the healing power of nature. Her comprehensive knowledge of the benefits of Western medicine and a range of specialties in alternative fields allows her to integrate acupuncture, nutritional counseling, and supplementation with herbals, vitamins, and minerals to help bring the body to balance and wellness.
But what exactly, is naturopathic medicine? Naturopathy is based on the simple philosophy that nature cures. And naturopaths incorporate six key principles into their work:
1. Do no harm, by embracing only therapies or procedures that are designed to enhance healing and produce wellness.
2. Recognize the healing power of nature and the body’s ability to heal itself.
3. Identify the cause by finding and removing the source of a problem, not simply treating the symptoms.
4. Treat the total person by exploring the contributions of body, mind and spirit in aiding in the reversal of the disease process.
5. Teaching is part of all treatment - and individuals are the stewards of their bodies and are responsible for their wellness, with the doctor serving as the teacher.
6. Focus on prevention by avoiding illness.
“It’s important to maintain and restore balance, wellness and harmony in a non-invasive, natural way,” says Dr. Young. “At Integrative Health Services we help patients do that through a variety of services including Chinese medicine, body work, massage, acupuncture, homeopathy, naturopathy and craniosacral therapy. We welcome the opportunity to help patients investigate the many choices available to them.”
Dr. Young specializes in treating ailments including pain, infertility, anxiety and stress, depression and other emotional issues, headaches, sinus issues, weight loss, autism spectrum disorder, and more. Integrative Health also offers evening classes and workshops that promote health and well-being by featuring industry experts who share their expertise on health practices.
Dr. Young has been a health practitioner for more than a decade. She also is a Shorewood resident as well as a Shorewood business owner - and she and her husband, Phil, enjoy living and working in our village. Meredith is a member of the American Association of Oriental Medicine, the Holistic Pediatric Association, and the American Naturopathic Medical Association.
Integrative Health Services is located at 4465 N. Oakland Ave. To schedule a complimentary consultation, please call 414-906-0285. Or, visit http://www.inhealthservices.com.