Homelessness in Milwaukee County
On Tuesday, November 1st, 2022, the Village of Shorewood, Shorewood Police Department and the Shorewood BID joined together for a presentation/Q&A session on Homelessness in Milwaukee County: An overview of Response Strategies, Best Practices, and Current Resources. Presenters included Beth Lappen, Downtown Outreach Coordinator for Milwaukee County Housing Services, Eric Collins-Dyke, Assistant Administrator of Milwaukee County Supportive Housing and Homeless Services along with Chief Heather Wurth and Captain Fernando Santiago of the Shorewood Police Department.
- Appropriately handling situations with individuals with mental health concerns
- De-escalation techniques for elevated individuals
- Tools to address various situations in a positive way
- Resources for people in need
- Law Enforcement intervention options
- Ways to partner with other community resources for assistance
Below is a QR Code to the recorded version of the presentation. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to BID Director Janet Henning at email@example.com or any of the above mentioned organizations.